Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's A Nice Thought

The other day my friend told me her boyfriend thinks that there going to get married. After just getting back together for 24 hours, I was taken a back. I asked her if she shared the same sentiment. She told me not after they broke up  but she used to believe they would. I asked in a somewhat blunt manner why in the world she thought she would ever marry him. Her response it's a nice thought. I haven't really been able to get over it. What is it with these girl who can't even purchase alcohol, can't even stand in the adult line in a club talking about a commitment that could affect them for the next 60 years? People always say don't drink and drive your life will be over but what about getting married too young. You can't get the years back from a bad marriage anymore than years spent in jail.

I have a lot of nice thoughts. I'd like to win the lottery. I'd like to write a new york times bestseller. I'd like to open up an orphange in Africa. I'd like to go to Vegas and win big. I'd like to adopt a puppy. I'd like to live in my own apartment. These are all nice thoughts but none are even probable right now.

No one would ever let their 18 year old run and around thinking they were getting into harvard and not apply to any other college. Getting into harvard is a nice thought but it doesn't always happen. Nice thoughts don't always work out.

And let's just say you break up. Isn't it harder to break up with someone who you thought was going to be your boyfriend? girls are deluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment